Thursday, November 1, 2007

Entering a Coaching Relationship

My Specialty Areas
I provide life coaching, career coaching and leadership coaching that address the areas listed above. I have special expertise in the areas of career development, ministry and leadership development. Call me or email me to get started or to find out more. I will provide a free-30 minute telephone consultation so we can begin discussing your coaching goals and determine whether I would be a good match for you. I look forward to talking with you and would be honored to run beside you on your journey.
Email me:


How Coaching works:
We’ll begin by clarifying what it is you want to achieve – “Why you are seeking coaching”.
We may use assessment tools to help you gain insight into yourself and your current situation.
We may gather feedback from others who know you to ensure that we are accurately aware of your strengths and challenges.
Together we will process feedback and assessment information to help you gain clarity and insight as we plan the best path toward your goals.
We will create a strategically tailored action plan to you help guide you toward your goals.


Are you ready to begin working with a coach? Answer or No

Use the following assessment to determine if coaching is suitable for you.
1. I am fully responsible for my own life and the decisions I make. 2. I am stuck between where I am now and where I want to be. 3. I am willing to stop creating self-imposed limitations or behaviors that
limit my success.
4. I am willing to try new concepts even if I'm not sure they will work.
5. I have the support I need to make big changes in my life.
6. I am willing to do the work required. 7. I can be relied upon to be on time for and calls and appointments.
8. I will speak straight and tell the whole truth to my coach.
9. I welcome accountability and I am ready to have an authentic, transparent
coaching relationship. 10. I see coaching as a worthwhile investment in my life and have adequate funds to
pay for coaching.

If you answered no to three or more of these questions coaching will probably not be effective for you at this time. Your responses to these questions can also be discussed during a complimentary 30 minute session.

Remember, As your Coach I will:
Ask powerful questions to elicit your wisdom and expertise.
Provide feedback and share impressions to help you see yourself more clearly
Challenge you to stretch yourself beyond self-imposed limitations.
Suggest perspectives that present greater possibilities
Help to keep you focused on what’s important to you
Suggest resources and concepts that will enhance your effectiveness as you move towards completion of your goals.
Check in to monitor your progress as you follow your plan to reflect on what you’ve learned along the way.
Support, encourage, laugh and celebrate your successes along the way.

No comments: